No one ask me to write tutorial on "face painting".... It is my personal interest to show the trick to you... and i am not perfect in english to tell you this technique in perfect manner.. But i will try my level best :). So if any mistakes you found please excuse me.ok, Lets begin

Starting With an Image :

Let open the image, and my golden rule is to duplicate the layer

Here i used this image for the face painting effect


but the image must be clear.

Selection :

It is the most important task... the selection should be clear and perfect then only we can easily achieve the effect... let's see my selection



ok, now the selection part is over.But still apply the selection or save the selection. Now go to next step
i mostly prefer each selection is on different layer

Desaturation:
Now the image was in still selection now duplicate the layer(only selection part) and desataurate the image by press ctrl+j.
Here is my Desaturation image

Applying Face Color :
Now the fun part begins.. now we are going to apply the color to skin that is on face. Its really interesting part why because it was achieved only by the brightness/contrast by adjusting the levels.
So go to image>adjustments>brightness/contrast


Now just adjust the levles as u like (But it only for the black and white combination)
here is my adjusting levels


here is my output of the adjustment of the brightness/contrast


Eyes and Mouth :
Now the fun part with the eyes and mouth just select the eyes and mouth and use the hue/saturation for different color combination. here is my achieved
images of eyes


and mouth


Final stage :
ok we have almost done.... Now just made adjustment for better vision by applying the eyes color or tattos on face whatever it may be.... here is my final product of the "Face Painting"


Ok it's over but you may apply the hue/saturation instead of the brightness/contrast for other effects. here is the example